BoldIQ Team We are recruiting for a VP Software Engineering & Development
BoldIQ is a software company providing revolutionary dynamic, real-time optimization solutions. Every day we answer a basic question for our customers – ‘what do I do now?’ Through our sophisticated resource scheduling solution, our customers can make informed and integrated decisions in real-time, all the time. We free up to 30% of our customers’ resources and at the same time reduce their operating costs by up to 20%. We do cool work that provides great value to our customers.
Come help us drive real-world operational change in aviation, transportation, logistics, healthcare and more. At BoldIQ you will be putting optimization to practical, every-day use, enriching the decision making and operations of our current and future customers.
In this critical leadership role, reporting directly to the president & CEO, you will lead the design, development, deployment, and sustainment functions for our software solutions. Our software solution is one of the best in the industry and you will be part of the team taking it to the next level.
We are looking for an exceptional leader to laser focus our efforts, add development horsepower to the team, and experience to our efforts. You will play a major role in our evolution and growth. You will be leading a variety of efforts from designing and implementing cloud system architectures, migration from an ‘on-prem’ solution to an Azure-based service, creation of industry specific applications, to streamlining bug fix pipelines and tactical development and test work.
At BoldIQ you will not be working in a small silo figuring out part of a solution to part of a problem. This is a system wide position. This is the real leadership deal.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Significant experience leading software development and sustainment operations teams.
- Proven ability to define a vision and roadmap for the tam, and inspiring them to achieve it despite the challenges.
- Ability and willingness to ‘jump in’ and write code when needed, while teaching and guiding others in the process.
- 3+ years experience in Agile development practices.
- 5+ years in multi-disciplinary management, including leading software engineering, test engineering, project/program management.
- 10+ years experience delivering B2B software products used by external end-users.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Develop in .NET/C#/ASP.Net and experience developing for and deploying in Azure.
- Work directly with experts in resource optimization sciences to develop leading cloud based solutions and services for advanced applications.
- Full stack experience — front-end, back-end, business tier, schema, caching, . . .
- Experience Tackling and solving complex problems in usability, scalability, and distributed systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivation, resourcefulness and independent action.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- An inherent drive to solve problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members.
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale.
Compensation: Salary is competitive based on experience and/or qualifications. BoldIQ provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits, and retirement savings plan matching. Home-Work balance is important to us and we provide a working culture that supports that.